Some of the most important elements for business success include the ability to adapt, innovate, and scale efficiently. Having these abilities are great but it’s also important to do these things quickly efficiently and in the correct way to ensure your business has the best chance of staying competitive and future-ready. Cloud computing has emerged as a cornerstone for achieving this, and Microsoft Azure stands out as a leading solution. As businesses navigate the digital era, Azure is becoming increasingly valuable as an asset for success.
To fully embrace cloud computing and enjoy the benefits of Azure, understanding your business’ requirements, challenges, opportunities and capacity for cloud tools can ensure that migrating your operation onto Azure can be a worthwhile process. It is why the Microsoft Azure Express Assessment is an important phase in migrating to the cloud.
Let us introduce you to Azure and the assessment you need to start your cloud journey.
Introducing Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure is a comprehensive cloud computing platform provided by Microsoft. It offers a wide range of cloud services, including computing power, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and more. Azure enables enterprises, no matter the size or industry, to evolve from paper files, physical infrastructure and aging legacy systems, by providing a platform to build, deploy and manage applications and services through a global network of data centres.
Azure allows businesses to offload infrastructure management, scale resources on-demand, and leverage cutting-edge technologies to stay competitive in the rapidly evolving digital landscape.
- 200+ cloud services – utilise tools for storage, networking, collaboration, project management and security like Azure SQL Database, Azure VPN Gateway, Azure DevOps and Azure Security Centre.
- Hybrid capabilities: Avoid the stress of decommissioning expensive or essential on-premise servers while still enjoying the cloud, as Azure provide flexible options that allow you to work from both modern and legacy systems.
- Disaster recovery: Azure provides built-in disaster recovery and backup capabilities.
- Ongoing support: Leverage 24/7 support and monitoring from Azure’s global network, which boasts 99.95% availability for its users.
- Security you can trust: Azure leverages significant investment into cyber security and customer assurance, and provides secure applications supported by Microsoft’s annual $1 billion security budget and more than 3,500 cyber security experts working around the world.
- Business continuity: In-built services like Azure Site Recovery automatically records and replicates your workloads in real time, so when an issue occurs, you can recover files, data and projects quickly and continue working without any major impact or downtime.
- Scale your business: Scale your business however you need and adapt quickly to changing business environments, as Azure allows you to scale your resources up or down as needed.
- Cost-effective platform: Your business is not locked into long-term contracts that restrict your financial freedom – Azure features a pay-as-you-go pricing model so you only need to pay for the resources you need.
Why a Microsoft Azure Express Assessment is an important first step
Migrating your business operations to Azure is an exciting decision to make, but it’s not as simple as pushing a button. Microsoft are diligent when welcoming anyone onto their platform to ensure that the time, cost and effort investment produces the best outcome.
The Microsoft Azure Express Assessment provides a comprehensive understanding of the existing on-premises environment, identifying applications, workloads, and dependencies. You and your business will be supported every step of the way, with Azure experts who can cut through the noise and explain what you need to be successful on the cloud in simple terms. The assessment is an incredibly powerful process that helps you hit the ground (or cloud) running, without the fear of uncertainty or the feeling of entering a new frontier of business without support.
Ultimately, the assessment will help your business:
- understand the costs associated with running your workloads in azure
- define and develop a business case
- determine a migration strategy and document a migration plan
- plan and prepare your next steps to Azure.
What can you expect?
The Microsoft Azure Express Assessment will guide your business through a series of simulations to determine the hypothetical costs and logistics of operating on Azure. The process can save up to 10 assessed scenarios, compare costs by application and record the results into a comprehensive report. This report will analyse business strategies, workloads, costs and capacity, translating these insights into actionable advice. This guidance is intended to create a well-defined and feasible roadmap for cloud migration, offering clear steps for implementation.
Arrange your Microsoft Azure Express Assessment with Rubicon 8
Microsoft Azure is ready to take your business to the next level. When you’re ready to take the first step, that’s where Rubicon 8 comes in. Our dedicated team of professionals will support you through the assessment phase, ensuring a smooth and secure transition for your applications and data. With Azure, you’ll have access to a wide range of powerful cloud services, enabling innovation, enhancing collaboration, and driving your business towards greater success.
Contact us today to book your express assessment and discover how to move your business to Microsoft Azure.